So, you can make notes on any page, have a friend network, select network depth, and see notes on any page left by others, it's all persistent online, you can switch between public and private notes, and there's auto/community moderation. In effect, a wiki/tagging/social-networking view on the web (which is currently being done), viewable as a HUD on the web itself (which I have not yet seen).
Let me example you. This is what your browser would look like:
So you'd go to some restaurant's site, and there'd be notes left there by ppls. The restaurant did not have to do anything to subscribe, and in fact has no control over the notes, (other than through the community moderation features) If your friends left notes, you'll see those highlighted. You can turn off all notes with a click, if they're obscuring content, or you can turn individual notes on/off, and move them around.
- Make notes on any page
- notes are stored per user and per url
- view notes that have been left on the page, by you
- view notes that have been left on the page by others
- subscribe to other ppls notes
- block other ppls notes
- make notes private
- have a friends list
- make notes viewable by friends only
- follow graffiti links
- automatically create and strengthen graffiti links
- when viewing, grow or shrink the network depth automatically so that you have interesting content but no information overload
- easily turn on/off all graffiti content
- all graffiti content stored on a graffiti server
- graffiti is accessible from any modern browser, with plugin support for popular browsers.