garden

I got the urge to plant a garden.

On thursday I dug up the planter area in our backyard where a garden had been before. I went out and bought a crapload of seeds and a couple of sprouted guys, and I brought them back.

Today I planted it.

Basil
Dill
Thyme
Sage
Oregano
Broccoli
Cucumber
3 varieties of tomato
2 varieties of bell pepper
Corn
Cilantro
Watermelon
Summer Squash
Corsican Squash

(I really did mean a crapload.)

So we'll see how it all comes out, but I'm excited. The economics of gardening always appealed to me, and so this is kind of an experiment to see how that bears out in real life. I think I already made a mistake, in that I should have bought about half as many seeds, or fewer, but what can you do.

Also, vegetable and herb gardens play a small but important part in my plans for either the Castle or the Zeppelin, so in starting this I feel that I am taking a small step towards those ideas.

Ask me how it's doing in a few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment